This Privacy Statement explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about information collected through our websites, services, and applications, including the Unsolved Application (each a “Site” or collectively, the “Sites”) provided by Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. (“CMP”).
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully before using this Site. Your use of this Site constitutes your acceptance to be bound by this Agreement without limitation, qualification or change. If at any time you do not accept all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately discontinue use of this Site. CMP is the controller for the Personal Data (defined below)that we process, unless otherwise stated. For information on how to contact us, please refer to the “Contact Us” section below.This Agreement sets forth Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. policies with respect to its operation of this Site.
DATA WE COLLECT
Personal Data.We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables CMP to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out our business purposes. CMP Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, providing tips, registering for an CMP event or program, purchasing CMP products or services, or otherwise interacting with CMP.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our members/customers)
- Professional data (e.g., occupation and state of residence)
- Interactive features (e.g., Personal Data that you submit or make available through our interactive features such as messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages), but, as described below, any information you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections described in this Privacy Statement
- Purchases (e.g., Personal Data and details associated with your purchases, including payment and billing information), but note that any payments made via our Site are processed by third-party payment processors and we do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Site
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data)where you submit tips, comments or stories to us
- Information about your use of our websites and applications (e.g. activity on our Sites, your IP address, your browser type, your Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, your operating system or device type, date/time stamps, and related metadata)
- Other sources, such as when someone buys a gift for you on our Site, third-party services and organizations (e.g., if you access our mobile application through a third-party, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings)
Personal Data Collected from the Unsolved Application.We may also obtain demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, password and PIN) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Unsolved Application, including chat, posting messages in comment sections or in our forums, liking posts, sending feedback, and responding to surveys. If you do not turn off your phone’s location services and you choose to provide precise location information, you may send us your geographic location. If your camera roll is set to share, you may make your camera roll available to us. If you have signed up to receive push notifications, you will receive those from the Unsolved Application.
Personal data is not collected unless you have provided that information to us.
Non-Personal Data.We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
– Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
– Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
– Computer type, operating system and platform type
– Internet service provider
HOW CMP USES YOUR DATA
Personal Data with Non-Personal Data.In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
– Identify you when you visit our Sites
–Use submissions through our comments, tips & submit stories section to gather tips for existing episodes and gather stories for future episodes
– Provide service communications such as invoices, order confirmations, registrations and customer service messages
– Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in from Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. or on behalf of our partners
– Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
– Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention
– Deliver and process surveys
– Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
– Fulfill and/or deliver CMP products and services
–Authenticating and verifying individual identities
– Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you, including short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads
– Help diagnose problems with our technology, to analyze trends, to track users’ webpage movements, detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity,and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use
We do not collect, publish or aggregate credit card information or personal identification numbers such as social security numbers.
Non-Personal Data. We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by CMP, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
Public Forums. This Site may make available chat rooms, blogs, forums, message boards, and news groups. Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data. Personal Data disclosed by you or by others enters the public domain and may be freely used by any other persons or entities using the site.
Mobile Devices.We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information if you use our mobile application. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
– Service Providers.We may disclose your information to service providers involved in operating our business. This includes content delivery networks, cloud storage providers, customer support, analytics companies, payment providers and processors, email service providers, and professionals such as accountants and lawyers. CMP may share your email address, but only as permitted by the CMP Email Policy, as follows:
Your email address will be used only by CMP, its entities and CMP vendors performing member services, or offering products on CMP’s behalf. CMP does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside the CMP, nor does CMP share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or CMP members. CMP also shares your email address with third parties to enable CMP to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, CMP shares email addresses with third parties as necessary for CMP to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
– Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement.We may disclose your information when we believe in good faith that (i) disclosure is required by a search warrant, subpoena (whether criminal or civil), civil investigative demand, court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; (ii) disclosure is appropriate and necessary to report a suspected crime (including any case of suspected child exploitation) or prevent physical harm to an individual or property; (iii) disclosure is appropriate and necessary to enforce our rights; and (iv) disclosure is required by law. The nature of some features of our Site may require that we share information about you with persons or companies outside of Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. where you have provided information about a case, a tip or a story. For example, this may occur at a feature that enables you, via our Site, to ask questions of persons or entities that are not part of Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. By responding to those features of the Site, whether by email or direct entry of information on our Site, you are consenting to our transferring that information to such persons or entities. Nothing in this Privacy Statement shall be deemed to create any third party right, and we reserve the right to object to any third-party requests for information in appropriate circumstances.
– Change of Assets. In the event that CMP is involved in a business transition that involves the sale, merger, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, transition of service to another provider,or divestment of CMP, we may disclose, sell, or transfer any information about you to the acquiring entities, as permitted by law and/or contract. The transferred information will remain subject to the provisions of this Privacy Statement, as updated.
– Consent. We may disclose Personal Data when you provide us with your consent to do so.
– De-Identified and Aggregated Information.We may use Personal Data to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Site, or other analyses we create.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Rights. Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You may have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. CMP does not sell your Personal Data. As permitted by law, you can review, update and correct your information, be informed about the third parties with which your Personal Data has been shared,or object to our processing or restrict our processing anytime directly on CMP’s website or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
Retention. Typically, we retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. This may include retaining your Personal Data in order to provide you with future marketing opportunities and other purposes, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce any of our agreements.
Deletion. We can decide to delete your Personal Data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other members, individuals, or third parties. When we delete your Personal Data, it will be removed from our active databases or anonymized so that the data is no longer identified with you, but the data may remain in our archives if CMP determines that it is not practical or possible to delete it.
Processing in the United States. Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your Personal Information violates applicable law.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
In addition to the rights as explained in this Privacy Statement, under California law, California residents who provide Personal Data (as defined in the statute) to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use may been titled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the Personal Data we shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Data and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such Personal Data for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year).
To obtain this information please write to us at:
Attn: CMP — California Privacy Law
4303 W. Verdugo Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505
Please include your full name and address.
CANADIAN ANTI-SPAM LAW
CMP complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law which requires you to opt-in to receive Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law).
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION
First and Third-Party Cookies. First-party cookies are set by CMP. Third-party cookies are set by companies other than CMP, such as analytics providers and advertisers.
What they do. “Essential” cookies enable services we offer, to remember preferences that you may have set while browsing the Site, and to keep track of your shopping cart. “Non-essential” cookies help us understand how our services are being used (i.e., analytics) and deliver content specific to your interests.
How long they last. Cookies may be either “session” or “persistent.” A session cookie expires (i.e., is deleted) when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains until it expires or you delete the cookies via your browser settings. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves and may vary in length, depending on the purpose of the cookie.
Behavioral Advertising. We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use Non-Personal Data (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org. Your use of the site constitutes your agreement to accept cookies, beacons and third-party advertising. Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. assumes no responsibility for third-party ads.
Google Analytics. Some of our sites may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt-out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Do Not Track. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, this site does NOT knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Data (including online contact information) of children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or legal guardian who has discovered that your child has provided Personal Data through our Site or App without your consent, you can ask us to remove such unauthorized information by contacting us at [email protected].
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
CMP implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Except for the sharing of information as set forth in this Privacy Statement, we restrict access to Personal Data to certain companies who need the data to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.We also use internal protections to limit access to users’ Personal Data to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Accordingly, and despite our reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, CMP cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or to or from our online Sites. In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law. If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
CMP is headquartered in the United States and many of our computer systems, servers, and databases are located in the United States. If you reside outside the United States, your data (or Personal Data) will be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you use or visit our Sites from outside the United States, you consent to the collection and/or processing in the United States of Personal Data we collect from you.
Cosgrove Meurer Productions, Inc. is the owner of this Site and retains all ownership rights to the information collected at this Site. From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. We will notify you about changes to this Privacy Statement by placing a notice on our Sites. Your continued use of our services constitutes your agreement to the updated Privacy Statement on a prospective basis. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this Privacy Statementso that you always know our current privacy practices.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
4303 Verdugo Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505