Updated: September 30, 2022
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Certain products or services offered by this Site may be governed by additional terms (“Additional Terms”) presented in conjunction with those products or services. The Additional Terms and this Agreement shall apply equally. In the event of an irreconcilable inconsistency between the Additional Terms and this Agreement, the Additional Terms shall control.
CONTENT ON THE SITES
User Content. By uploading, providing or otherwise making available any photographs, videos, and/or written materials including captions and stories (collectively, “Your User Content”), you represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You wholly-own Your User Content or have the sole and exclusive right to permit CMP (including Unsolved Mysteries and com) to use, reproduce, edit, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, distribute and otherwise exploit Your User Content (in whole or in part), your name and any other information provided or otherwise made available in connection with Your User Content) without obligation or liability to you or any other party whatsoever. This includes the right to sublicense any or all of such rights to third parties. We may require “reasonable proof of ownership” of Your User Content.
- You grant to CMP (including Unsolved Mysteries and unsolved.com) the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and unconditional right to describe, relate, publish and/or exploit Your User Content in such manner as CMP shall elect, in whole or in part, on the Sites and in print and electronic form or in any other media now or hereafter known or devised (including books), and in related products and services in connection with any exploitation thereof (including clothing, bumper stickers, mugs, toys, posters and other printed materials, , throughout the universe in perpetuity, and in any advertising, promotion and publicity related thereto in all media now existing or to come into existence in the future (including social media). You agree that CMP shall have the right to edit, change, add to, take from, rearrange, vary, embellish, alter, modify, revise, translate, reformat and/or reprocess Your User Content in any manner CMP may in its sole discretion determine and to use them as CMP in its sole discretion may determine and to make derivative works of the same, in whole or in part without notifying you and without obligation to you (however, CMP has no obligation to make us of any of Your User Content). You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the final display or any other exploitation of Your User Content now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and you waive any right to royalties or any other compensation arising from or related to the use of Your User Content. Additionally, you waive any right to sue even if what you feel was created was defamatory.
- You give CMP the right to make visual and audio recordings of you, with the irrevocable right to use such recordings as well as your name, voice, appearance, activities and experiences and any other information you provide or otherwise make available to us, including in connection with com. Such use includes promotions, publicity and advertising.
- You have the right to enter into this Agreement and to grant, without the consent of any third parties, all the rights and licenses herein granted; that you have not exclusively granted or assigned or otherwise transferred any such rights to any third parties; and that there are no claims, litigation or other proceedings pending or threatened which could in any way impair, limit, or diminish the rights granted to CMP hereunder.
- You, on behalf of yourself, your successors, heirs, representatives and assigns, will not assert a claim or maintain an action or suit and will not consent to or otherwise support the assertion or maintenance by others of any claim, action or suit (including claims, actions or suits for invasion of your rights of privacy, rights of publicity, defamation or rights in the nature of “droit moral”) of any kind on account of the exercise by CMP of any of the rights herein granted or agreed to be granted to CMP.
- If any minors appear in Your User Content, you are a parent or duly appointed guardian of such minors or have the irrevocable permission of the parents or duly appointed guardian(s) of such minors to grant the rights set forth herein to CMP on behalf of such minors.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
For questions regarding our compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or if you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on this Site infringes your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by following the steps listed in our DMCA policy.
NO EQUITABLE RELIEF
You acknowledge and agree that you will have no right to terminate, rescind, restrict or otherwise interfere with any rights granted by you hereunder (whether to Your User Content or otherwise) or to enjoin the publication, production, exhibition, distribution or other exploitation of any work based thereon (including any derivative works and other ancillary products or services).
DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
DISPUTE RESOLUTION; BINDING ARBITRATION
Notices. You agree to receive notices via the email address that you provided via the Site.
Site Operations. This Site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. We make no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement incorporates the following agreements and policies by reference:
Attn: Legal Department
4303 W. Verdugo Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505